BDS SYSTEMS INC.
AUDIBLE/VISUAL WARNING ALARM SYSTEM
Model 202 (STANDARD)
This product is no longer manufactured
The Model 202 Series System is a plural Audible and Visual
Warning Alarm System used to prevent tank spills by warning personnel of potentially dangerous situations.
The standard system has two (2) audible and two (2) visual warning signals. Consult factory for other
options including three (3) audible and three (3) visual alarms, a battery back-up system, loss of
AC power alarm, and alarm acknowledge.
- SYSTEM READY FOR INSTALLATION - Easy to install - No maintenance
- 16 DISTINCT AUDIBLE TONE SIGNALS - Hi-Low, Yeow, Stutter, Yelp, etc.
- MANY VISUAL ALARM SIGNALS - Amber, Red, Blue, Clear, Green
- VISUAL HIGH INTENSITY STROBE LIGHTS - 360 degrees of coverage
- AUDIBLE TONE SIGNALS - Direction and volume adjustable
- ALARMS ACTIVATED BY SWITCH CLOSURE - Low voltage wiring
- HEAVY DUTY CONSTRUCTION - NEMA 4X - (EP unit) NEMA 7, - Safe
- ALARM PRIORITY - Provides increased alertness
- BATTERY OPERATION - Battery back-up system (optional)
- INPUTS - Normally Open (std), NC and DTMF signaling (optional)
- EXPANDABLE AND FLEXIBLE - Modified and special systems available
- VOICE COMMUNICATION - PA system (optional)
The A/V WARNING UNIT and the A/V Control Unit are electrically connected to
form the BDS AUDIBLE/VISUAL WARNING SYSTEM. The Control Unit provides the audible and visual signals to the warning unit.
Alarms are activated by remote switch closures (relay contacts) or by DTMF signaling. When alarm input #1 closes, the
audible (Hi-Low) tone signal and the visual (Amber) strobe light are activated. When alarm input #2 closes, the audible
(Yeow) tone signal and the visual (Red) strobe light are activated. When both #1 and #2 alarm inputs are closed, only input
#2 audible will be activated (alarm #2 priority). No alarm is active when alarm inputs #1 and #2 are open. The system can
function as an optional two (2) point alarm annunciator with an alarm acknowledge.
When voice communication or Public Address (PA), announcements are necessary, the addition of a microphone with a
push-to-talk button is required. Consult factory for details or special requirements.
SPECIFICATIONS - Model 202 (Strobe type lights)
A/V WARNING UNIT - Speaker assembly & lights
A/V CONTROL UNIT - Enclosure houses control electronics
- AUDIBLE SIGNAL: 110dB at 10 feet (3.048m)
- VISUAL SIGNALS: Strobe type lights - 80 FPM, 2 Million PCP clear lens
Rotating type light available
- CONDUIT CONNECTION: 3/4" NPT (bottom)
- WIRING: 12 Feet (3.66m) of inter-connection wiring supplied
- EQUIPMENT: Watertight NEMA 4X
- DIMENSIONS: 20 x 18 x 9 inches (50.80 x 45.72 x 22.86 cm)
- NET WEIGHT: 12 pounds (5.44kg)
INPUT #1: Hi-Low (alternating high to low), Amber (std), Available: Blue, Clear, Green, Red
INPUT #2: Yeow (descending high to low - repeated), Red (std) Available: Amber, Blue, Clear, Green
INPUT #3: (optional) Stutter (rapid intermittent horn), Blue (std)
INPUT #4: (optional) Beep (Slow intermittent horn), Clear (std)
All audible inputs field programmable - consult factory
- INPUT SIGNALS: Switch closures - NO (std), NC or DTMF signaling (optional)
Up to 16 tones signals available: Wail, Yelp, Hi-Low, Bell, Yeow, Horn, Beep, Stutter,
Bing-Bong, NFPA Whoop, Westminster Chime, EVAC, Three Tone,
Hi-Low#2, Warble. One space for special customer specified tone.
CONDUIT CONNECTION: 1" NPT (bottom)
WIRING CONNECTION: Terminal blocks, removal plug-in type
EQUIPMENT: Enclosure fiberglass with hinged cover - NEMA 4X
POWER: 115VAC, 50/60HZ, 240VAC or 24VDC powered units available
DIMENSIONS: 8 1/4 X 7 1/2 X 5 inches (23.50 X 19.05 X 12.70 cm)
NET WEIGHT: 6 pounds (2.72kg)
Specifications subject to change without notice
U.S. PATENT: Audible/Visual Warning Alarm System
Return to: Top of Page /
BDS Products /
BDS Systems Home Page